MALDITO Video Poetry Festival launch this contest with the purpose to show two disciplines that, either individually or collectively, are much more isolated and forgotten as we would like. According to our experience, these disciplines are considered marginal and minor in the extent of the great European capitals, moreover in the humble towns within regional borders where its dissemination is nonexistent.
MALDITO Crew, as lovers of poetry, image and the expressive possibilities of its symbiosis, picks up the baton and propose to continue the line of action; willing to arouse interest in the Festival, reaching out to the general public and making this event great since the very beginning.
Not only MALDITO aims to be influent and popular amongst the mass and social media, but also want to be a reference. MALDITO seeks to vindicate video poetry as an art that connects people, transmits feelings and stimulates different ways to see the world. It is also a tiny contribution of enormous people to empower visual art, stopping it from being marginal and damned*
* The Spanish word for damned is MALDITO.
SCREENING AND PRIZES
From among the videopoems received, a selection will be made of a maximum of twenty works that will be screened on site at MALDITO FESTIVAL de Videpoesía premiere and online through FILMIN platform (dates to be confirmed). They also might be screened in other national and international festivals. The selected ones will be published on MALDITO FESTIVAL website (www.malditofestival.com).
The designed jury will choose the three best works which will be rewarded with the following prizes:
• 1st prize: 200 €
• 2nd prize: 100 €
• 3rd prize: 50€
• Audience Prize Award: 100 €
The intellectual property rights over the works are held by their respective authors, though they shall authorize the Organization of MALDITO to screen their works by the name of “MALDITO FESTIVAL” in different festivals including this one.
The works selected as finalists will have their own section called Maldito Festival de Videopoesía on the online cinema platform FILMIN.
The registration period, as well as the admission of works, is from April 16 to September 12, 2021 at 24:00, Spanish time.
The screening of the selected works will take place on a date yet to be determined. The winning works will be announced there.
The Special Audience Award will be known at the event after the festival, once the votes have been counted.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE SUBMITTED WORKS
• Maximum length: 5 minutes
• Aesthetic and visual handling and treatment of the works is free, being mandatory that words, in the form of poetry are of importance for the relevance of the work.
It is not only sought to attract using images but as well through the synergetic symbiosis of the images and words, may it these be written, read or recited. Works that do not contain a poem will not be taken into consideration for the contest.
• Videopoems shall be presented in digital format H264.
• Videopoems in languages other than Spanish shall have Spanish Subtitles incorporated. The organization of MALDITO Festival will not be held responsible for possible submitted works with wrong translations or where the translations do not match the original audio.
• By submission of the work, the author acknowledges and guarantees that all rights and permission for image, music, and text are owned by himself and allows to screen the work within the frame of the Festival.
• The works that have been submitted to the competition in previous editions or those made before 2018 will not be taken into account.
• There is no minimum number of works per participant.
OPTION 1 / BY EMAIL
• Fill in the registration / technical datasheet form that you will find at the end of this page.
• Send your videopoem with a download link (if possible without an expiration date) to firstname.lastname@example.org
subject: Maldito Festival 2021 / NAME OF YOUR VIDEOPOEM.
(Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox, Wetransfer)
Attach the following files:
– Photograph of the author.
– Promotional poster.
– Promotional images, frames…
OPTION 2 / FESTHOME
• Fill in the registration and technical datasheet form that you will find at the end of this page.
• Send the work through the FESTHOME platform.
• Send the following files to email@example.com
subject: Maldito Festival 2021 FESTHOME / NAME OF YOUR VIDEOPOEM
– Photograph of the author.
– Promotional poster.
– Promotional images, frames …
COMMUNICATION WITH AUTHORS
Both, the selected works as well as those that haven’t been elected, will receive an email indicating one or another condition.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES
Sending a work to the contest supposes the full acceptance of these bases.
Any doubts about this will be resolved by the organization, whose decision is final.
For any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
MALDITO FESTIVAL de Videopoesía guarantees compliance with current regulations on the protection of personal data, reflected in Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on Personal Data Protection and Digital Rights Guarantee (LOPD GDD).
MALDITO FESTIVAL de Videopoesía guarantees that personal data will be treated with the sole purpose of registration, communication and receiving information.
Non-acceptance implies non-participation in the video poetry contest.